Newport, Rhode Island
The Vernon House is an architecturally distinguished colonial-era house with a construction history probably dating back to the late 17th century. This house served as the headquarters of the Comte de Rochambeau, commander of the French forces stationed in Newport 1780-83.
Newport Window Restoration was hired as part of a complete restoration of the exterior facade including the repair and restoration of its windows.
Not only does Gerry (Newport Window Restoration) have a fine and helpful crew, but they are as sensitive as he is to the complexities of working on an old (1758) house. The attention paid to preparation, color, finishing was remarkable.
- Ms. M. Clulow, owner